Sunday, September 21, 2008

Franconia Fun

Franconia

Yesterday was Franconia Sculpture Park's annual Fall Arts and Music Festival.

With our little weather warm-up, it was a perfect day for "finding sculpture" (as the Bud described it), and pal-ing around with friends.

Playin' at Franconia

Playin' at Franconia - 2

The Bud is all about diggers and lifters - he was in lifter heaven when he saw this one close up.

Franconia lifter

This one was for sale - thank goodness he can't read yet - otherwise I'm sure we would have been in for some serious begging.

Makin' art & breakin' hearts

It was the inspiration for the sculpture he made.

Makin' sculpture

His idea was to make a three wheeled lifter.

The Bud's Sculpture

D and I decided to hang it vertically - I love the birch and the broken red board on front. We asked the bud where we should hang it in the house, and he said our bedroom! Sweet!

There was so much art and music to engage our minds and bodies.

Fun @ Franconia

Climbing at Franconia


(Watching this today, the Bud said "I want to dance there again sometime.")

The Bud even got to spray-paint his first graffiti art (click the photo below to see what he painted).

Graffiti Art for the very young

He also picked up a new sticker for his car - fitting for a car which originally came from Franconia.

The Bud's Ride

As for me... we made a stop at Sven's, and these clog boots just had to come home with me. Bring on the cold. I'm ready with these lined babies.

Puttin' my feet up

Stop by my MIL's blog for more about our day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home