Sunday, November 23, 2008

Evangeline

Berry Evangeline 4

Try her on
She fits like a glove...
Evangeline, Evangeline
I think I love you


I have been knitting, a fair amount actually, but I am in gift knitting mode and thus don't have much to show on the blog. (If you are curious to know what I am working on, I am keeping up with my project info on Ravelry).

Berry Evangeline 3

This past Monday was almost unbearable at work in my library. The heat for the school gets turned off for the weekend, and it takes a bit for the building (especially a big space like the library) to warm up again.
I decided I needed to do something before the next Monday (tomorrow), and I took a break from my various other projects, and knit up a pair of Evangeline Mitts for myself.

Berry Evangeline 2

I'm in love with these mitts. I did not even want to wash/block them, because I started wearing them right off the needles and didn't want to lose any "wearing time" due to dampness.
I am glad that I did decide to soak them - I think it made the cable pattern fill out just a bit more.
They were still a bit damp for photos, but I think they will be dry and ready to go to work with me tomorrow morning.

Berry Evangeline 1
Pattern: Evangeline
Yarn: Cascade 200 Superwash
Needles: US 8
Ravelry


These knit up so quickly. The only mod I made to the pattern was to add one extra cable repeat to the "short" version for a total of 4 instead of 3. I really like the look of the longer version, but I think much longer than this would annoy me from a practical standpoint - most likely I would always be wearing them with something long-sleeved.
If I made them again, I might create a thumb gusset instead of just the thumb opening. They fit fine, but it does pull a bit across the palm, and I did some work on the inside to minimize the look of holes at the sides of where the thumb joins.

Here's hoping it's chilly again at work tomorrow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
Do you sell those?!! I see some gift giving potential - they are so pretty!

November 23, 2008 4:01 PM  
Blogger Beatriz said...

These Evangeline warmers are so beautiful! I'm floored by how many people have knitted your famous Gloria Cowl. It's a classic.

November 25, 2008 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home